Tuesday, November 17, 2015

My Thoughts on the Policy Change

Over a week ago I opened facebook, as did so many others, to see a policy change that the church implemented. My initial reaction was "On no, here we go. Here comes a storm." I then stopped my thoughts and aimed my heart at heaven asking what I was to do and think in response to this change. The answer was "Be still."

That is what I did. I waited. I waited for more information before forming my opinion completely. As my newsfeed lit up I ignored the posts. Waiting upon the lord in full faith as I have done many times before. In short my doubts were resolved in the Lords way and I am so grateful that I was told to "Be still." I fully support my church leaders and the organization that they have been mandated to lead. I once again saw that it was an organization led by an all loving yet, steady Father in Heaven.

I have felt the whispering, tugging and guidance of the spirit on this subject. This is a treasured gift. I can talk, read discussions and analyze information all to my hearts content but when the spirit, which is the great expert on all things, speaks I listen. The Apostles and prophet may lead the church but the spirit leads my heart and I find that the two do keep on the same course.

I have knelt in prayer and have opened my heart. In the process of studying out this policy I gained even more knowledge into the sacredness of the family unit, the role of the church in helping individuals obtain blessings of the gospel and my own ability to be taught by the spirit.

I do not judge those who wrestle with this policy change. It does not make me better or less because I have accepted and understood the full purpose of it's reasoning.

Like them I have wrestled with many things in the past but my course and choices when confronted by these doubts have led to great knowledge. With this policy change the pattern was the same:
Doubt -----leads to prayer----leads to understanding deeper than I understood a topic before----leads to gratitude for the initial doubt.

Our doubts can be our greatest teachers. Studying them out with the spirit can be intense educational institutions for our souls in pushing past our cultural and thin understanding of the milk of the gospel and beginning to partake of its meat.

Doubts can lead us to be better disciples of Christ. Doubts can be purifiers.

I am not perfect, I am not free from weakness that inflicts our mortal state and I am not free from ever doubting. But I am grateful that I again opened my heart to Heavenly Father on a subject that I did not understand, that looked one way but was indeed very much another. That I felt and saw his hand strongly in this. That for me I responded with patience and with learning.

I am just so grateful! I love the gospel, there are incredible workings here that I can't explain and that I can't undermine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did Jacob see Jesus?

Sometimes I write blog posts that are more rambling thought and I never publish them. This is one that I stumbled back on and I found it i...