Thursday, October 8, 2015

A sample from Paul to Ponderize

Yes. yes, yes! You know I love you Paul! Paul: Part poet, part apostle, part deadly snake venom master, part ship wreck magnet, part glutton for punishment. Part snark but somehow still charitable. Too smart for his own good. Seriously what a cool guy!

Back to the topic-Ponderizing
On my mission I struggled with the language. I was so focused on learning Spanish that I did not memorize very many scriptures in English. I am not so great at memorization. I am good, however, at retrieving bits and pieces of scriptures and I feel really blessed to LOVE them but I need to memorize them more, it always felt mechanical to me. But the Ponderize talk at general conference changed all of that...now I have a desire to 80% ponder, 20% memorize---

I love this scripture! A reminder that nothing can separate us from the love of Christ!

Romans 8:35,37-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...
 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
 39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I love your description of Paul, so fun! And your ponderize scripture brought tears to my eyes.

    I also have struggled with memorizing. I'm sure there are a million great tips online for this, but two that have really helped me are 1) putting something to music (I use tunes I already know), and 2) using actions. I learned that from another Christian homeschool mom who helps her children memorize scriptures. We are using actions to memorize keywords and references for our scripture mastery Old Testament verses. I really love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Why did Jacob see Jesus?

Sometimes I write blog posts that are more rambling thought and I never publish them. This is one that I stumbled back on and I found it i...