Sunday, April 6, 2014

Learning from Naaman

From my understanding some who were part of the OW movement were not happy that Elder Oaks was the one to address the issue of women and the priesthood and not President Monson himself. It reminds me of a story of Naaman in the old testament. He was a rich man with much influence and power and he went to see the prophet Elisha to be healed of leprosy. The prophet sent out his servant and the servant told Naaman to wash in the river 7 times. Naaman was angry because the prophet didn't come out himself and told him by his servant to go wash in a dirty river (Remember Naaman was an important man). It even says Naaman left in a rage. Naaman's wise servant asked him "If the prophet had told you to do some great thing, would you not have done it?" Naaman humbled himself and went and did as the prophet's servant said and was healed of his leprosy. 2 kings 5:1-9. Honestly this is a personal reflection only. I am not perfect, I am not meaning to down anyone but I think this story applies to me. If I'm not fit to listen to the Lord's servant (even if it isn't President Manson himself) and do the small and simple things of the gospel that are required of me then I won't rid myself of my own "personal leprosy" which honestly I have a lot of work to do...

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but we have two mutual friends on Facebook; Adie Mitchell and Leon Jeffs. My name is Ann Smith and I am a mother of five, living in Pocatello, Idaho. Thank you for posting on facebook and then linking your post to your blog. What a testimony you shared! You have written a beautiful post, and you supported your opinion with doctrine. I can't thank you enough for enlightening me and adding to my own testimony of God's perfect plan. The photo on your blog of your boys is priceless. Thank you for being a leader among women and a sister in the gospel through your example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Thank you so much Sweet Ann! I am glad you found me! I appreciate the kind words so much.

    ReplyDelete

Why did Jacob see Jesus?

Sometimes I write blog posts that are more rambling thought and I never publish them. This is one that I stumbled back on and I found it i...