Monday, April 21, 2014

Why I am now sharing my beliefs.

I love the gospel, I love the scriptures. I love the Lord. I have not openly shared these things like I am now not because "I haven't believed" and not because "I am ashamed" but because I felt in the past that I was respecting others by not sharing them openly. I felt like I was being polite by not publishing the tender feelings of my heart. I realize that is not the case. It is so much a part of who I am that I am not being completely honest if I don't share it.



There are so many voices out there. There is so much noise, confusion and darkness that are being shared openly. So why not share this openly? Especially since these beliefs have given light and sweetness in my own life. They have not come easily or on a whim but by years of reading, praying, fasting, searching and trying to live the way that I feel is right for me. The answers have come sometimes quietly and sometimes loudly. But they have come hundreds of times over and have accumulated into conviction.

When I share my feelings of the scriptures, the Savior and my faith it is like my heart, emotions and thoughts become as still, clear water. I can think clearly. The noise turns off in my mind. I feel like my mind expands and I understand this world and life so much better. It brings me meaning.

I have come to the realization that I have been hiding my light. I have had it under a bushel. I always thought that I was keeping my covenant that I made at baptism of "Standing as a witness of God at all times and in all things and in all places"...until now. I realize that online is one of those "Places" that I need to also stand. There is so much negative there is so much darkness. I need to stand. I may stand alone in some cases and I may risk being a target or made fun of but I still stand tall and I am fulfilling the promise that I made to God a long time ago and that I remake each week. I cannot, "not" do it anymore. I am meant to share my faith.

I feel like others are also thirsting after these things. Wanting to know reasons, wanting to know more about what their hearts are already telling them. So many of us want more "good" in the world.

I have felt the love of my Father in Heaven and I want to share it.
I believe in a Creator of the Universe that is not only mindful of me but loves me.
I believe I am a child of God and that he is a loving, kind father who wants the best for me, even when I don't always see what that is right away.
I love the Book of Mormon.
I love the New and Old Testament.
I believe in Christ.
I believe in the resurrection and I believe that as I try to be better the world, even in a small way, will be better too.
I feel strongly that family is a strong and important part in this life and that this great unit can continue after this life is over into the eternities.

So for the few that may read this wondering what my motives are; My motives are not to "down" anyone, they are not to make anyone else change. If you know me personally, you know I am a kind hearted person. I love people who are different from me. I love people of all beliefs, faiths and backgrounds. I love people. My motive is NOT because I feel that I am better. My motive is to share the feelings of my heart before it bursts. I can no longer contain how I feel about this life and its purpose and the gospel of the Savior of the world. I can't hide anymore. It is too good. It is too sweet.




1 comment:

  1. I met you at my daughter's ward a couple of weeks ago. Just wanted to share the two sites I mentioned to you at the time--I think you'll enjoy them.
    http://www.womeninthescriptures.com/2008/12/importance-of-birth.html
    http://www.mormonwomen.com
    I'd love to hear what you think. My email is megdecker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Why did Jacob see Jesus?

Sometimes I write blog posts that are more rambling thought and I never publish them. This is one that I stumbled back on and I found it i...