Friday, August 14, 2015

And I will shew wonders in the Heavens Joel 2


For a long time I viewed people a bit skeptically who obsessed or talked about the last days or the second coming. I still am not ready to be gloomy or neglect my daily life because of these things but I am fascinated by all the prophecy's that seem to be unfolding before our eyes. I also choose to look to the positive as well as the negative. I choose "hope" and to press forward!

I love all the positive signs and blessings that are mixed in the with the more scary signs of the last days.

While waiting in the Payson temple and reading in the book of Joel in the Old Testament I came to scripture about the signs just before the second coming. I have read it before and have thought about it a lot but one part stuck out to me much differently this time.

"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
And also upon the servant and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. An I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire and pillars of smoke." Joel 2:28-31

I had always supposed that wonders in the heavens portion meant some type of event; possibly a meteor shower or something like that but immediately when I read the part that says "I will shew wonders in the heavens..." I thought of this picture.

A photograph taken by the Hubble Space Telescope of a nebula titled the Pillars of Creation

or these

The Butterfly Nebula: Hubble Telescope








Is it possible that the scripture in Joel wasn't talking about some event but rather the God inspired technology that we have invented which sends a robot with an incredibly strong telescope into space millions of miles away and takes pictures that are then sent to earth for us to enjoy? That we may view the birth, destruction and process of stars, galaxies and happenings millions of miles away. "And I will shew wonders in heavens..."

Just 100 years ago we could not have imagined this.

Nearly 3000 years ago, when the book of Joel was written, we could not have dreamed of what we would be seeing today.

There still could be some type of event like I mentioned since other scriptures state that the heavens shall be shaken and it could be a wrong assumption but I tend to think that our technology was foreseen, predicted and prophesied in some of these scriptures. Just a small thought.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Why did Jacob see Jesus?

Sometimes I write blog posts that are more rambling thought and I never publish them. This is one that I stumbled back on and I found it i...